When was the last time you washed your bed pillows? If you’re worried that you will ruin your favorite pillow or that your pillow isn’t washable, most pillows can easily be laundered and returned to their original glory.
– hot water
– 1 cup of laundry detergent
– 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent
– 1 cup bleach
– 1/2 cup borax
– Check the care label to confirm that your pillow can be machine washed – most can be.
– Remove the pillow case and any pillow protector
– Fill the washing machine about 1/3 full with hot water
– Add all the ingredients then start the machine and allow it to agitate for a few minutes to makes sure all the detergent dissolves before adding the pillows.
– Once the detergent is dissolved, add the pillows and then allow the washer to fill the rest of the way with hot water.
– Agitate the pillows for several minutes then turn the pillows over to allow the top side to get the full effect of agitating in the hot water. Agitate for several minutes more.
– Put your machine on the 2nd rinse cycle or just run it through twice manually.