When was the last time you washed your pillows? If you’re worried that you will ruin your favorite pillow or that your pillow isn’t washable, let me tell you that most pillows can easily be laundered and returned to their original glory.
– hot water
– 1 cup of laundry detergent
– 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent
– 1 cup bleach
– 1/2 cup borax
– Check the care label to confirm that your pillow can be machine washed – most are.
– Remove the pillow case and any pillow protector.
– Fill the washing machine for about 1/3 with hot water.
– Add all the ingredients and start the machine for 1-2 minutes, making sure the detergent dissolves before adding the pillows.
– Once the detergent is dissolved, stop the washing cycle, add the pillows and then fill the remaining tank with hot water.
– Restart the washing cycle and let the pillows wash for several minutes. Let them wash for 20 minutes.
– Now, press the rinsing cycle button and let the machine do its job.
When it’s all done, your pillows will look sparkling white.